Friday, July 30, 2010

Making Peace

Sorry about the frustration of my last post, it was a knee-jerk reaction from being protective of the girls here.

The fact is this could have been anyone unfamiliar with the situation asking such questions in a moment of excitement or anxiety from hearing such extreme stories.  I know she was just doing her job trying to hear from different categories of women that are here at the Centre and she may not have known how well they understand English.  She made a mistake and caught me on a day that I was feeling incredibly protective since I am soon leaving here and I want them to be in the best possible condition when they return to their own communities in two weeks.

That being said, I'd love to hear all the things that I've messed up by saying in the past!  I'm sure I would be horrified!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad FH is asking for your input to improve or eliminate these situations in the future.

    ReplyDelete