Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm lying under my mosquito net, listening to dogs barking, a cow mooing and Shania Twain playing far off in the distance.  I am in serious denial about leaving here in less than 36 hours.  Fortunately, I do believe that I will be coming back here, and soon I hope.  When I tell people I'm in university they're either shocked that I'm old enough or shocked that I haven't finished yet.  I'm not sure why I can never be my age, but I don't mind.

I spent today figuring out all kinds of last minute things in preparation for my being absent.  The scholarships should be able to run smoothly from here on out, at least I'm praying for that outcome.  It has also been hectic trying to see everybody, and I really enjoy sitting with people, talking, or just being silent together but being in a rush is not conducive to such long conversations.  However, I'm blessed that I have had plenty of time for this in the past weeks.

Today the kids all got new shoes and bounced around the compound all day with them.


1 comment:

  1. I love the shoes and they look like they love them too! You have done so much this summer and you should be very proud of the positive impact you had on the women and chilren. It's no wonder they carried you around. I can just picture that with you laughing!

    ReplyDelete