Saturday, July 17, 2010

School and Pretzels


It's a beautiful thing to have so many young women interested in pursuing formal education and vocational training.  I've been amazed by the way they've reacted to the possibility.

If I had life my way I'd fund schooling for each of them, their children, their siblings, everyone.  In the whole world.

I am trilled by the number of girls we will be able to send, but it's hard knowing that we can't reach everyone.  Right now we're trying to make some sort of waiting list.  It's hard to look at the stories of each of these girls lives.  Each one needs assistance, so how do you narrow it down?  Do you make someone wait because only one of her parents was murdered in the war and accept the total orphan?  Each person has been through so much.  Each deserves this.

So we're working through these lists and other things - and we're making progress!  I'm really encouraged by the work we've been able to do.  I feel quite comfortable with the people who will be guiding this project once I leave.


I also invited the interns to come and make soft pretzels tomorrow morning!  I have no idea if we'll be able to do it.  I've never made pretzels and we don't have measuring cups.  Haha I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment