Saturday, October 31, 2009

Civilization

Made it to Kampala yesterday.  It was pretty uneventful except the drive to the airstrip takes one and a half hours and my flight was leaving at 2:00; the car that was supposed to get me there decided that it needed tires and didn't come and get me until 1:10.  Anyhow long and short is that we made it on time :-)  The road is so bumpy that I think we four wheeled it the whole way.

Today we went around Kampala, this city is insane.  It's dirty and over crowded, the cars follow no rules, there are millions of shops and street vendors, and the directions just don't make sense.  Anyhow, I think I'll get used to it eventually?  I'm also adjusting to being around 16 American's again.  I forgot how much college students talk about clothes, weight and movies.  I miss my Kitgum girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment