Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Walls of a Church should not have Bullet Holes



I have no feeling right now. I allowed the first genocide memorial to affect me. I allowed myself to feel the sadness (for the most part). But we went to two more today and while I took in the immensity of the sites, the bones at the sites and the clothing remains at the sites, I was unable to feel any emotion beside pure awe. The walls went up. I have no emotion to write about so I'll just put up some pict
ures I took. Feel for yourself.

A church's pews should have people in them. Not the clothes that the victims wore on the day of their death...
The Sacristy of a church should not be filled with stacks and stacks of bones.









Skulls should not have weapons left
or hammer holes in them.


























The Virgin Mary should look over joyous people,
not a massacre.




















An alter should have gifts, not weapons.























No Church should ever look like this one.






(I spent about an hour trying to get the layout of the pictures right but no such luck. Blogger is not user friendly. Sorry).


1 comment:

  1. Meg,
    All I have to say is you are definitely educating me, I was shocked to see your photos. I cannot imagine how you must have felt actually being there.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete