Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No Parasites!

So since my stomach hasn't been quite right the last few weeks we decided it would be wise to get checked out for parasites before embarking to my practicum site.  Fortunately tests are easy to come by (and cost less than one US dollar).  Unfortunately they need a stool sample which is not so easy to come by when you haven't been able to eat very much (or keep much down) the last few days.  Sorry if that was too much information but I put that disclaimer in my first blog.

Anyhow today I got lucky and was able to get tested - the results were negative which is great because it wouldn't have been very cool to have a colony living in my belly but a little disappointing because that means I can't take some pills and fix it.  Oh well.  It's part of the African experience to get sick so I'm going to suck it up and not let it ruin my last night in Kigali.

I'm starting to get a bit sad about leaving though.  I cannot wait for practicum but I love this country and could definitely spend more time here.

2 comments:

  1. Way to be positive Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are still sick but glad it is not parasites! Take care.

    ReplyDelete