Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Leaving already?

I can't believe that it's already time to leave Rwanda.  I feel like I am now adjusted, finally feel comfortable with knowing where I am in the city, comfortable with the people, just all around comfortable with this amazing country.  But we leave at 4:30 am on Thursday and take a day long bus ride to Kampala!  While I am stoked to be in Uganda, I really just wish that we were in Rwanda longer.  I wish the length of time at each location could be exponentially increased!  However, I do not foresee that happening.  So I'm packing up.

We had to say good bye to the girls at PHARP that we are teaching English to.  I felt so proud of them when they said "I am sad" about us leaving (while that is a simple sentence it is a reminder of how much they've learned).

Oh and what better than to spend the last few days somewhere sick?  I've mastered that, I've been having some stomach issues the last few days that will hopefully be resolved by the time I get to Uganda.  We shall see.

I'm also beginning to realize how lucky I am that I brought an extra empty suitcase from the States.  My collection of goods from Rwanda has filled at least half that bag so far.  Uh oh.

More to come, this was a disjointed post I apologize!

No comments:

Post a Comment