Monday, August 17, 2009

Packing, Desserting and Listing

I started packing yesterday! And my mom threw a "farewell, we hope you don't die while in Africa but if you do at least we had dessert with you one last time party" last night. It was fun to see neighbors and friends... and maybe when I get back we can have a party for surviving? Yes? Who wants to come?



Here's a list I wrote in the car the other day...

Things that won't be coming with me to Africa

  1. Family and friends
  2. Diet coke :-)
  3. My garden
  4. Mom's cooking
  5. Lottie Nelson dining hall (look Mom! you came before Lottie!)
  6. My Dad's humor
  7. My dog, Jasmine!
  8. Texting on a regular basis
  9. Wireless internet
  10. Grace Church
  11. Digital cable
  12. Thanksgiving
  13. Make up
  14. Shorts
  15. Spaghetti straps
  16. My daily bowl of ice cream
  17. The freedom to not worry about malaria, yellow fever, tetanus, polio or west nile
  18. Mosquito netting (they give it to us there)
Things that will be coming with me
  1. Malaria pills
  2. Prayers from everyone
  3. 4 months worth of meds
  4. 4 months worth of tampons (sorry guys, I had to include this though)
  5. 90% deet bug spray
  6. lots and lots of long skirts :-)

2 comments:

  1. Those two suitcases have a whole lot more than just six items!! You have done a great job organizing all that you need but everything is going to be a wrinkled mess by the time you get there. If it was me, I would need to pack an iron and some starch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg, I am trying to figure all this out...I am super anxious to hear everything you are doing, it is soooooo exciting. You are living some peoples' dreams! I will keep trying to keep up with you ! Have a great time. Lisa J

    ReplyDelete