Thursday, December 10, 2009

Leaving Uganda

Today is surreal.  It's like a normal day, I went out, walked around town etc.  BUT in one hour I will be on my way to the Entebbe airport.  Our flight leaves at 12:30 am tonight and we arrive in London at 6am their time.  (Thank gosh for sleeping pills.)  We then spend all that day (Friday) in London and on Saturday afternoon the students fly back to the States.  I will be staying in England with my friend Alice for a couple days before returning to the States by myself on the 18th.

Again, I'm not ready to leave Uganda.  My heart is here.  But I have an almost positive possibility for coming back this summer and also for my Education Fund.

Basically everything with providing scholarships for the girls in Kitgum is going well, I now need to sort out specific logistics and find people willing to support this.  I have had a great response and hope to keep working on that!

This will not be the last blog entry.  I promise to keep with it at least until I get to the States.  There is still a lot that I'm thinking about and reflecting on and I will certainly have time to do that here in the next few days!


Good bye from Uganda!

1 comment:

  1. Godspeed, Megan. We anxiously await your arrival in America.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete