Sunday, November 15, 2009

Phil

One of my good friends, Phil, from Messiah is studying in Uganda with another program and we finally hung out yesterday!

It was fun catching up but it was even more fun to see somebody that I knew from home in situations that we don't have at Messiah.  It was kind of a relief to have one of my friends talking in terms that I know but most people from home wouldn't, being in a context that would be completely foreign to most.  For example, how many of you use these phrases in common speech:
- Boda-boda
- Matatu
- Airtime
- Mzungu
- Museveni
- Old taxi park
- Shillings
- Oweno
- Matoke
- Posho
etc. etc.

I also got to meet Suzan :-)

Phil Wil and me.




Phil Wil and Suzan!


One of many random things to be witnessed in Kampala.

No comments:

Post a Comment