Monday, October 5, 2009

So close!

Flew into Pader, which was awesome as it's not an airport but rather a strip of dirt in the middle of some fields.  Then went to the FH office in Pader at around 9:30.

I then learned that when field staff says you will be going to Kitgum shortly they do not mean that.  And when they say they will call your ride, they won't unless you beg them.  And that when they say the ride will be here at noon, it won't.  And when they say the car is only 30 minutes away, it's really 2 hours.  And that when the ride does come, the driver will want to do some business while he's here.

Hopefully getting to Kitgum tonight - rumor is I might be leaving between 4 and 5.  The staff that I'm with here is great, they're all increadibly nice (this is not me complaining about them, just laughing at the situation).  TIA (this is Africa).

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I didn't know that the airport was a strip of dirt in the middle of some fields! You will get there, I just know it....sometime.

    ReplyDelete