Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Closing Time...

Being in England has been fun, Alice lives in an amazing, old, little town on the coast.  On sunday I got to have a great conversation with her mom's house church about Uganda, the girls in Kitgum, the state of the world etc. etc..  They were fabulous and extremely thought provoking.

Last night I tried to cook African food, which I was pretty good at in Africa.  Needless to say, I failed.  They claimed to like it, but probably only because they didn't have the real thing to compare it to.  Anyhow, I'm glad that they pretended!

I'm getting a lot of encouragement about the scholarship fund, people seem to think it will work well and that it's what people would be interested in participating in because they would be able to follow the girl closely and see the end result. I'm really excited to get home and focus on the ins and outs of it so we can get things up and running shortly!

Tomorrow I fly out of London/Heathrow late morning.  I'll be at JFK by 6pm local time where I'll meet my parents and my brother (who will be in NYC for Brian's graduation from grad school).  We'll then drive back to Pittsburgh on Friday.  This trip is quickly drawing to an end!


PS. Yesterday was Dad's birthday - Happy Birthday Dad.
It was a shame that I missed it, but thankfully I'll be home for my dog's birthday on Friday :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you'll be home for my birthday. Woof Woof. Love, Jasmine
    And Dad says your homecoming will be the best (belated) birthday present I could ask for. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete